We, as a restaurant community are all in this together. We are having to adapt to all the different challenges that every passing hour seems to be throwing our way.
One of the immediate and largest challenges we are facing is the well being of our most important commodity, our staff. Losing out on the ability to serve guests inside our restaurants is completely changing the landscape of how a server functions if there is any function for them at all.
Servers and bartenders are the lifeblood of the service industry. The good ones are hard to find and great ones you never forget. The loss of dine-in revenue is not only a negative to the business owner but it is a complete loss of income for those who make an hourly wage.
The “Keep BR Serving” campaign. What is that?
- It’s a campaign built on the coming together of all the locally-owned restaurants in the Baton Rouge area. We are all in this together.
- We are trying to be very conscious of ‘social distancing’ and keeping in mind there is no safe way to bring people into our restaurants to dine with us at this time.
- To counter this, we are all participating in an area-wide gift card campaign that will flow directly to impacted service staff members.
- We are doing this in an effort to continue to pay those employees who rely on these tips to make ends meet.
- The gift cards do not expire so you can hold on them and use them when you are able to come and have your favorite staff member wait on you or serve your favorite cocktail.
If you are a restaurant owner and would like to participate, please sign up using the form below.